Thursday, January 14, 2010

Isn't this stunning?


I have always been interested in the mose simplistic forms of art. That is why my last post, with the paper lamps, was so beautiful to me. For the most part the work is monotone, created out of one of the more simple mediums. This brings out the same kind of reaction from me, strong yet simple, pulling from this seemingly 3D imagery and ending up somewhere in the artists head.

The artist, Kazuki Takamatsu mixes traditional and modern techniques, to create this totally unique, almost surrealistic method. From one hand he uses a method called gouache, by using hand painted monochromed based objects. He then incorporates a “Depth Map”, which is a technique where every pixel on the object is a shade of gray that is proportional to its distance from the object looking at it. Fascinating! I love all of his work and I recommend that everyone looks into the artist's future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment